Why Focus on Fungi?
Recent studies have highlighted the role fungi can play in preventing adverse skin conditions and improving overall skin health. However, many dermatology R&D efforts still overlook the role that the mycobiome can play in product development.
With 42 separate references, this white paper explains:
- The two most common fungi found on the skin, and their role in skin health
- The ideal dermatological conditions for fungal growth to occur on the skin
- How an adjustment in the fungal community can lead to lower skin immunity
- The adverse effects fungi can have on the physiology of the dermis
- How bacterial/fungal biofilm formation can impact dermis integrity
- The five skin conditions most impacted by fungal community imbalance
- How fungal imbalance can impact skin elasticity, smoothness and hydration
Find out why fungal analysis should be a critical part of your company’s R&D efforts.